Monday 8 June 2020

Words made Flesh

Writing can send you toward that gentle golden light in the sky that fills your belly and warms your heart. Let's sit awhile in front of the hearth, opening our hands to the fire, drawing in comfort and energy. 

I'm gonna do better, it says. I'm gonna be better. It doesn't matter if I've only had a couple hours sleep. It doesn't matter if I feel this way or that. Writing is never cold, hungry, or tired. It doesn't matter how the multi-celled organism that Writing's riding around in feels at this particular moment or that.

Remember, a writer is merely the vessel, the conduit, the cable through which Writing flows. The God of Writing: He is Writing incarnate, Storytelling, Words made flesh. I say He, but it's actually She.


No comments:

Post a Comment