Sunday 16 August 2020

Alien Archaeologists

How good can it really get on the surface of Earth? If we all stepped up, leaned in, and pulled through, if we all decided to work together for a second, I wonder how good it could get. Fuck nation-states, fuck religions, fuck races, fuck tribes, fuck differences of all kinds.

We're the same, you and I, the same hardware, software, wetware. Cut into a human and we've all got the same guts. A heart is a heart is a heart is a heart. Know what I'm saying? Would you be able to tell your skull from mine?

Eight billion skeletons all wrapped up in differences. How much pain and suffering have those differences caused? How much laughter and joy? It's our differences that paint paintings, make music, and land people on the moon.

When the aliens dig up our bones and try to figure out how we lived, the differences and similarities will all turn to dust. Out of the dust I came, and into dust I go. My life is a moment in the eye of a storm. It seems calm and visibly clear. Behind and ahead, all is dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment