Saturday 29 August 2020

Writing is a Virus

Let's all just try to get along, shall we? You might not like me but we're gonna have to learn to work together. If we pull in a common direction, we'll improve our chances of success and survival. Don't we all wanna succeed and survive?

Our only way of passing on our genes and memes is through other people. I dunno. But I know I love you, no matter who you are. Why? Because I learned to love myself. How? By working on myself. I've made myself into a man I can love, a man I love instinctively.

I learned how to treat myself with respect. I did so by working hard to earn that respect. I had to get healthy in mind and body. It took years, but I've done it. I'ma keep like this my whole life, getting better and better every day. I'ma try and stay humble. I'ma try and mix confidence with humility.

I'm confident in what I know, yet humble enough to know I never see the whole truth and can always seek corrections. Tell me when I'm wrong. I'd love to hear counter-arguments to some of the ideas rocketing around in my head.

I feel like I've found some of the greatest ideas humans have come up with. The rest of the journey is actually onboarding them, integrating them into my soul-body structure. I know I'm a hypocrite, but I try not to be. I know I'm weak but I try not to be. I know I'm a sinner but I try not to be.

The world is thorny, complex, and brutal. Let's work together to make it safer, more comfortable, and accommodating to everybody. Let's shine a light on the dark corners of the world. Let's flush out the scorpions, snakes, lies, and tigers. Let's find the inequities in our souls and try to find balance. Let's mediate between the light and dark side of our souls. Let's walk the fine line, fine as a razor's edge, between eternity and death.

All I'm tryna do is channel the best writing for you that I can. I'ma try find the absolute optimal conditions and fuckin let the pen run. I'ma let it say what it wants. It's my job to get out of the way.

All I am is a hand that can manipulate a pen and a head that understands how to use words. I am not my self, my ego or my id. I am not the person you, they, or I think I am. I am not the image I see in the mirror. I am not my Facebook account. I am not my fingerprints.

I step aside and the pen becomes me. Who am I? A pen. You are listening to a pen talking – the ramblings of a ballpoint pen. Today I languished placidly on the carpet with my pal, Notebook, then Hand picked me up and now you and I are connecting, if not in-person, then person-to-pen.

I'm afraid it's a pretty one-sided chat, more of a monologue really. But don't worry; I care what you think. I care more than anything else in the world. I care so much, in fact, that maybe you're feeling like you wanna pick up a pen, maybe a pad of paper too, and start seeing what the pen has to say.

You see now how writing's a virus? We gotta stamp it out before it takes over the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment